Being pregnant makes me very motherly. The boys pointed out a couple of weeks ago that we had a bird's nest on our front porch with 4 eggs. They were very careful to NOT touch the nest and this is what we got sometime last week:

They also showed me a nest on the back porch. I have faithfully watched her 4 blue eggs and yesterday, they started to hatch:

Well, today, I went home around noon to drop J off and saw that one more egg had hatched.

We all have been extra, extra careful to not touch the nest in any way as we do not want the mother to abandon the eggs and babies.
I guess, being a mother to be, makes me realize that every living creature that you see, has a mother. Don't get me wrong... in a few weeks, they will be outside chirping at 5:00 am and I'll be complaining about it on Twitter, but for now.....I love them.
Also, J and I took lunch to our little one, who turns 11 today, to school. When we met him inside the cafeteria, he ran up to me and hugged me and gave me this and wished me Happy Mother's Day:

That made my day. My first Mother's Day present! We sat down and ate with him and a few of his friends. The little girls just stared at me and the boys quickly looked away when we spoke to them. We know alot of the kids from our neighborhood and one of his friends, Tyler, sends me messages on MySpace and always asks about how the baby and I are doing and says that he prays for us each night when he says his prayers. That melts my heart.
This morning, I was reading Gigi's blog and she was talking about a gift that One Boy made her in school and I was thinking how that was one thing that I was looking forward to when Baby Fab starts school.... all the little things that she will make for me and how I will get a special trunk and carefully save and date everything.
Yes, Baby Fab is making me soft! No big plans this weekend. The boys are with their mother as it is her weekend, so we will just hang out. We plan on watching the little one play baseball tomorrow, then we are going to see Star Trek and then hubby is having his poker night. Sunday, I am hosting a Mother's Day Cookout with my neighbors and we will just sit around and laugh, eat and maybe play corn hole.
WOW... I just read that last paragraph... how times have changed in the last 2 years of my life! A complete 180. I think this is the life that I have always secretly wanted and at 41.....it's finally coming around.
Have a wonderful weekend!
8 comments:
I am so happy for you, sweetie! Have a great Mommy's day! You are the best ;). And you give me hope that things will work out for me as well. Love ya!
Oh, I hear you girl on the animal-momma connection. I love to see momma animals tending to their young. I never noticed much until I became a mom myself! Have a great weekend.
What the fuck is corn hole?
Yep, you're a momma! It's the little things isn't it? Have a great Mommy Day! :)
I was wondering what the hell corn hole is too.
I LOVE the baby birdie pics! That is so cool that they are right on your porch!
Happy Mothers Day!
Hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day. :-) Love the little birdies.
For everyone else, corn hole (and yes, it sounds dirty) is basically a bean bag toss game. I don't know why it's not just called "bean bag toss", but hey....
OMG - those pictures are sooooooo incredible!!!
Happy Belated Mother's Day - you are too cute!
Roflmaaaaoooo @ "corn hole"! Just saying it makes me giggle.
And those little squawky birds really are cute. I bet they're loud as hell though, huh?
Fuckin' birds.
Post a Comment