Thursday, August 20, 2009

People are C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!

I know how y'all like a good repo story. Here's another one.

My other office, it's in KY, had a little incident last week that snowballed into this:
Photobucket

Last week, they rec'd an account to repo a voluntary surrender (this is when someone calls the bank and tells them to come and get it because they can't/don't want to pay for it any longer) on a Toyota Tacoma. What is it with Toyota Tacomas and crazy people? Remember what happened to my office a few months ago with a Tacoma? Click here for a refresher. Anyways, they get out there and the deceased's brother has the truck now. He is an old man that has terminal cancer and very sick and has to use one of those voice things (I don't know what they are called) to speak. He gets irate with the agent and tells them to basically, piss off. It was his brother's truck and he did not get anything in his will, so he is keeping the truck. Agent doesn't say anything to him and leaves. We call the client and they instruct the agent to turn it into an involuntary repossession and go back and just take the vehicle. So, later that night, he returns to the property and secures the unit while the man is in bed. I know this seems harsh, but, it is not his vehicle. Heck, my two vehicles that hubby and I drive are not ours... they belong to the bank!

The next morning, the KY crew is in their office doing paperwork when this guy drives into their storage lot (the gates are wide open) and jumps into the truck and tries to leave! Her agents went out there and blocked him in and told him to get out of the vehicle, but, he was not leaving. The old man told them to move or he would run them over! They finally convince him to get out and leave before they had to call the police. We thought this was the end of the story. WRONG!

Monday morning at around 1:30 am, the Fire Dept was banging on the office manager's door telling her her lot was in flames. (She thought that her office building was on fire.) Her b/f is one of her agents, so they get dressed and go down there to find 5 vehicles engulfed (they had exploded as well) and 3 more have heat damage. If you look closely at the photo, the truck in the middle is the Toyota. They had blocked it in on all sides in case he tried to take it again and there is a vehicle in front of the Toyota that you can't see. The police and fire dept asked her if anyone had a grievance and she told them about the Toyota acct. Coincidentally, the fire started with that vehicle.

Jimminey Christmas. People are crazy! This office also had several vehicles damaged by a flash flood back in May. Good thing we have good insurance, but the deductible per car is $500 with a 5 car max. So, we were out $2500 in May and now, another $2500.

I need my own show, huh???


10 comments:

The Girl said...

Your own show would be awesome ! Tales from the Repo Lady ! Ok, sick old guy is just nuts...does he think because he's sick he's not going to get into trouble. Keep me updated on this story !

The Dish said...

Jeebus, Momma! That is some crazy shizz. And you say my job is more exciting than yours... I don't have people burning up shit when they get mad at me!

Christine said...

You really must update on this. Are the police going to talk to old crazy guy? Will he be arrested as he should be?

Nothing surprises me anymore. People get their mind set and do crazy ass things in the name of "justice".

Gator Foodie said...

Good Gravy Sister!!! I have to say...Operation Repo on TV - I'm obsessed with that show..& now, I get to hear your stories too!! I'm in heaven!! you're right - people are FREAKS about their shit...& like you said, Until you pay that stuff off - IT AIN'T YOURS, it's the banks'!!!!

J Fab said...

The arson inv will for sure talk to the man as he is a known asronsit! We just found this out. I guess because he is sick, he thinks he can get away scott free. It is going to be hard to prove though! I'll keep you guys posted.

TGG: Try to catch "Repossessors." This show is more on track with what really happens.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Oh, that is just all kinds of crazy right there! Between your job and The Dish's, there's never a dull moment around here!

So Single said...

OMG ! What a nut case! Yeah I totally want to hear what happens with this one!

And I thought I was the only person who said Jimminey Crickets. Even though I cuss like a sailor I still get that one in every now and again.

Elle said...

That's f'n AWESOME! Er, I mean...jeez, people are crazy!

(I so love a good scandal.)

The Kitchen said...

The Girl is right - you need your own show!!!

I mean, if you and Dish had your own reality show, I would totally ditch Toddlers and Tiaras AND The Real Housewives!!

Libby said...

lol! i'm libby, here from christine's...are you jenny jones in disguise? haha!