Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gas and the Little Things

No, I'm not gonna bitch about the cost of gas cause it is wayyyyyy down right now.


Efen hates leaves, I hate pumping gas. Fuckin despise putting gas in my car. From 1993 until 2002 I did not pump my own gas. It was either my step dad, the lot attendant at the dealership where I used to work (he even washed and waxed the car for me) then my sorry ex-husband (that was the only thing he was good for) did the deed for me. When I moved to WV, I had to do it for myself. I have dated a couple of guys who did it for me every now and then, but for the most part.... it was me. I hate it. I hate the fucking smell. I hate standing in the cold. I hate it when it is windy and my fucking hair blows all over the place. I hate it cause I can't talk on my cell (when I am driving, that's when I get a whole lot of my calls made.... don't start bitching anyone about talking on the cell and driving.. I have a bluetooth.) I just hate pumping gas. Period. And, I will not pay the extra few cents for full service.


As most of you all know, J has to leave our house at 5:40 pm every week night. He does not return until 5:30 or later the next morning. I get home at 5ish, so we have maybe 35 minutes to talk... do stuff (ahem) *thanks, Elle for that one!* and just whatever. We have a driveway that will hold prob 3 cars, but it is a long one, so we have to park behind one another and we have street parking. For the past month-month in a half, J has been pulling behind my SUV at least once a week. This seriously irritates me cause I have stuff in my vehicle. You know, my cell charger, tweezers in console for daylight plucking at a red light (ETW..there is a tip for you!) my cum towel (this is a whole 'nother post ya'll)....sorry.....ROTF laughing at that one.. Elle knows what I am talking about. Anyway... other things that are in the vehicle that I drive everyday and that stuff isn't in J's car. (Stop thinking dirty thoughts about the towel, Efen.) So, it irks me when he blocks me in. I am usually in a huge hurry and just take the car. It dawned on me that the car was always on E. Now, this is a huge no-no for me, too. You should not let your auto run on E. It's hard on the fuel pump. (Big thanks to Daddy for teaching me that one.) I had to get gas or my Princess ass would be walking and what do you guys think I would do if I ran out of gas in HIS car? Oh.... the hell that he would pay. So, I would always gas up for him and sometimes, I will leave a note in the car telling him how much I love him or to have a good day at work.


Last week, he admitted something to me.. he parked behind me on purpose so HE would not have to stop to get gas! WTF??????? So now..... I am supposed to be putting gas in BOTH of our autos? Something just isn't right with this sentence. After raking him over the coals for 10 minutes..... here's how the conversation went from there:


J: I figured you can put gas in the car sometime during the day and I can stay home with you for the extra ten minutes so I don't have to leave early that day.


My Princess Ass: Uh... that's a big negative, Ghost Rider. Put gas in your own vehicle! I have to and so do you!



*****He uses his best puppy dog face that he can come up with*************



J: But I realllllllllllly appreciate it when you do and I llllloooooooovvvveee you so much for that especially cause I know how much you hate getting gas.


MPA: If you know that I hate getting gas, why do you want me gas up your car, too?


J: (Very seriously) If you put gas in my car, I know that you really love me and, honey, that means a lot to me.


MPA: You know that:

A) I don't have the time OR the patience to move your car,

B) You know that I have to get gas or I'll be walking to work.

C) so get your lazy butt out of the house before I am due to come home and you won't have to leave early!


Keep in mind, we aren't really arguing... it is one of our conversations where we are laughing and not being really serious, but we are being serious. Did that make sense?


He gave me this.... "I am serious....... thank you for doing that" look.


Something hit me inside. He really does appreciate when I fill up his car. Maybe he likes the little notes. Getting gas for is car. So trivial. Something that I hate so much, but something that makes him truely happy. I know in my heart that he loves it when I do that for him.


So, I am getting ready to leave early and fill his car up with gas. I'll leave a note and even get him one of those scratch off lottery tickets that he likes.

I know, I have ice water running through my veins and I still hate getting gas, but seeing my husband smile makes me smile and I remember.... it's the little things.

8 comments:

Efen said...

WTF??? My page isn't updating that you have a new post..WTF???

Uh...thats all I have time for now...will come (hehe...all for you J ;) back and respond later :)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I do pump my own gas most of the time. The Evil Twin does his car for himself. That's sweet of you to care about your man to do that. I also hate the smell of gas on my hands (I like the smell alone, though... go figure).

Elle said...

Fuckin' gas. Oh and ROFLMAAAAAAOOOOOO @ "cum towel"!!

Oh please, let me:

So, J-Fab and I were going to the beach with Mimi, and we took J-Fab's car. I drove, naturally, so her princess ass could sleep with her fuckin' head all covered up with her blankie and shit, after she made me stop and get a dozen "hot donuts now" at Krispy Kreme, of which she ate exactly one. So on the center console, she keeps a hand towel, for various usage, spillage, etc....or, for what I so eloquently called it, her "cum towel". Ok, I know it's gross, but it cracked us up to no end. We had to say the phrase "cum towel" about a hundred times on our way to the beach and giggle a lot, because we're 40, and on or around about Day 2, my beloved Mimi was now calling it the cum towel. MY MOTHER!

A couple of weeks later it was around my birthday...and what do you think J-Fab got me? Oh yeah. My very own cum towel. Guess what Mimi got in the mail for HER birthday? Oh yeah.

Hey Efen? Guess what you're getting for your birthday!

(Could this BE a longer comment?)

Fuckin' gas.

The Girl said...

Oh dear, you've created a Monster. He obviously loves your presents for him after you get him gas !!! What a great post. You two could always move to Jersey where we are not aloud to pump our own gas and our prices are at $1.99 !!

Efen said...

Jenny..Uh....if I tell you that 'I Love You' will you do things for me that you don't want to? Or...if I said 'Jenny..you complete me'? Huh...would ya? ;)

Sheesh...you oughta be ashamed..gettin Elle's mom to say 'cum towel' hehe

Elle:......... is that 'code'? LOL

Efen said...

Almost forgot...that 'project' you have me working on...can't get it looking perfect...but I will..patience is a virtue, ya know ;)

J Fab said...

ETW: The smell just chokes me! Yuck.
Laura: OMG That was soooooo funnyyyyyyyyy. Mimi is the coolest. Ever.
Efen: Don't tell me for one fucking second that you haven't done something that you realllllly don't want to do for the one you love! Don't fib either!
Girl: Seriously? I am soooo moving to Jersey!

Christine said...

When I first moved to florida I was amazed that I was actually expected to know how to do such a complicated and specialized mechanical thing like pumping gas. For the first few years playing damsal in distress worked but now that I am past forty and saggin all over, I had to learn.

Another reason not to get old.