How many of you guys recyle? I recently just started at the suggestion of my bitch neighbor who thinks that she is the Savior of the Earth. While I was sitting outside with a couple of my other neighbors, she trotted over urging all of us to "Save the Planet." While all of us can't stand her, I knew that I should start. While I thought that it would be a pain in the ass, it is acutally quite easy. I have a basement that has a door off from my kitchen, so I keep the recyle container (the city provided it when I called for the seperate pickup) in there and when we are ready to discard something, you just have to decide which can it goes inside. My boys have even caught on and it is a staple here. My trash has since been cut into half; maybe less. I still have the same amount of waste, but somehow I feel a little better about what I discard. Not bein' a goody-to-shoes like my bitch neighbor.... I'm just sayin.
DO NOT LAUGH AT ME FOR WHAT I AM ABOUT TO ADMIT! OK? Efen, I know this will be hard... but I can't have everything!
How many of you guys have HDTV? Well, do ya know that if you do, you should find the HDTV channels on your cable? Our cable company has 2 digital boxes. One for regular TV and one for HDTV. For some strange reason, we have always had the HD box. My 13 yr old found this out for us. J did not know his TV was HDTV (it's 5 yrs old and he was just happy it was a big screen and it WAS the ONLY thing he damanded from his divorce along with the ratty old couch that ya'll know was at the curb the day I moved in) and I didn't cause... well.... I'm a girl and I don't know shit about tv's. Only the TiVO feature! Let me just go ahead and tell you that what a BIG fucking difference the HDTV channels make. Stop laughing. I thought the whole HDTV thing was automatic when you turned on the TV. Seriously. Efen, get off the floor and finish reading this post.
So, for those of you who don't know (or am I the only dumbass out there?) about HDTV... it fucking rocks. If you don't have an HD TV and are a total couch potato like me... get one!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
NO HDTV for me. Right now I hold the title for the smallest TV in the family. That was pretty funny though. As yes I recycle - love separating my plastics, from my glass and cans.
We have an HDTV big screen and the HD DVR, but we don't pay extra for the service, so we don't actually GET it. And we don't recycle either - we have at least one full bag of trash every day. It's awesome!
(Getting up off the floor after LMFAO!!)
Ok, 1st things 1st...I recycle because we were forced to (get charged for recyling even if you don't) but, like your experience, it has been a real good thing and very easy!
Now..on to the important thing..WTF???? As I read your post I kept thinking 'Is she aware that air conditioning and indoor toilets are also available these days??? LMAO!!!!!!!! I just don't get how you have an HD TV ........but didn't fuckin know it...(fuckin sides are hurting from laughing ;)
Seriously...HD does bring a whole new 'viewing pleasure' to the viewer. If you don't have it, put it on your 'things to do' list.
You can thank me later ;)
PS: Go to your 'Channel Guide' and delete the non-HD channels...the ones that have the same in HD. This way, you won't have to fuck around with making sure you're on the right channel.
Well, I don't have HD, but if you have it, then I want it too. Let's call Mimi so she can pick that up along with that Kate Spade bag I want for Christmas.
And no, I don't recycle, but I would if Hooterville here would provide bins and pick-up and all that other shit.
Girl.... I was told that I did not have to seperate... just throw it all in together and they do it at the waste site. It is really easy once you get into the groove, huh?
ETW..some of the HDTV channels come with the digital service, but you have to pay for the majority of them. Trust me, it's worth it!
Efen... I knew you would laugh at me! Honestly, I am not that "into the whole electronics thing" and hellooooooo? I am married to J!
Mama, I will totally text Mimi cause you HAVE to get a new TV! If you give me your city phone #, I will call and see what you can do for getting on the recyle wagon. I'll even come up and organize a whole special area for the bin to sit!
Uh....I thought about 'J's responsibility in this before I posted my original comment...but I didn't want to go all 'smackdown' on him ;)
Post a Comment