Most weekends, I do not open my laptop because I want to spent time with J and the kids, so I am late posting my blog about dinner with Elle and ETW last Thursday.
Elle has always been more than a cousin to me. She is the one person that will never judge me, no matter what, and she will be the one to bail me out of jail and help bury the body! I had met ETW through Elle's blog. When I blogged a few months ago about wanting a baby, ETW emailed me and we soon became friends and she was a rock through my struggle to conceive. When I found out I was pregnant, I was worried about if the baby was ok or not, and she was there to comfort me and answer any questions that I had. I don't think that I would have made it through those early weeks without the both of them and their strong shoulders. So, I can't thank them enough. (Don't go too far girls!)
ETW emailed me and told me that she had a lot of baby items that were Buddy and Sissy's and I was welcome to what she had and I jumped at the chance for anything that she was able to part with. We came up with a date and time and I was very excited for Thursday to come. I had some trouble getting there on time, but finally, we made it. (If you know me by now, I HATE being late.) Her house is very pretty and sits on a hill. Elle and I were met outside by the ETW and she looks exactly like her pics! And, yes, Efen... her boobs are nice and big! LOL. We were soon greeted by Sissy, who had pigtails for the first time, and insisted that she show me her room with her red basket. Buddy was busy playing his DS. The Evil Twin came in and we talked for a few and went to literally... clean out his garage! He was so happy to get the baby stuff out of his garage! She gave me tons of stuff including a gorgeous baby bed! Bless her heart... she was worried to death because it had a scratch. I would have never seen it had she not showed me. I can't wait to get the baby's room started, but that won't be until around June. We then decided to go eat at a local Mexican restaurant that was soooo packed! I hate the way those places smell cause it smells just like... well... ass... but, it was very good. I was very impressed that ETW spoke Spanish and ordered for all of us. We had a wonderful time as we exchanged stories about how they met and Elle's business trips and how Buddy was premature. Buddy talked about how excited he is to someday go to Japan and how he was looking forward to Epcot and the parts about Japan. He has this HUGE interest about Japan and can even speak a line or two in Japanese. Sissy is very close to her daddy and wanted all the hugs she can get.
I had such a good time in the couple of hours that we had and we promised to do it again really soon. I just wanted to tell ETW thanks for EVERYTHING that she gave me and I love it all. ((((((hugs)))))
Sorry, we did not take pics... Elle was having a bad hair day! :)
Now, tomorrow is the day!!!!!! Hopefully, I will know if I am going to have a boy or girl and I am sooooooooo excited. I will let you all know ASAP but it will be a short blog... I have to go to Lexington tomorrow evening to work until Friday. Yuck!
Any guesses on the sex?
5 comments:
Awww. You're too sweet! You will LOVE that play yard - they don't make them like that one anymore and both my kids loved it. (well, until they were ready to be OUT and able to destroy the house!). I loved meeting you too and I'm just glad all the baby stuff went to someone who will get the most use of it! And, it's out of OUR house! Hee hee!
Wow, it sounds like a fun time. It is so nice to have a friend that gives you baby things - it can really add up! I am gonna say BOY on the sex - can't wait to hear from you about that!
I'm guessing Girl....I'm glad you and the girls had a great time. And I had no doubts about ETW's amazing rack, but it was nice to have confirmation :)
Wow I didn't know you guys had a get together! I'm so jealous!! And finally, I got the question answered that I've been too stupid to ask - just how the hell you and Elle are related!! (I figured you were from FB, but wasn't sure how)
Finally adding you to my google reader now so I won't be sooo late in reading!
Post a Comment