As we were telling stories and I was hearing "some stuff" (LOL), I know all they kept thinking was "What kind of rock has Jenny been living under?" I swear, I have not heard of ANY of that stuff we talked about! Hubby wanted to know if I was really at a dinner party or a kinky convention!
It was soooo good seeing ETW again and Elle. We honestly had so much fun and I can't wait to see them again. I only wish the rest of our blogger buddies could have been there. Thanks again Elle for being the hostess with the mostess!
Now, I touched on this a little last night with the girls... Stupid,(J's ex), caught our oldest on her computer the other day printing off a naked picture of a girl. (At our house, our computers are password protected because we caught him a yr ago on porn sites.) She called J and told him he HAD to have "the talk" with our oldest (he just turned 14). Well, DUH! I told him to have it LAST year when we caught him. Truth be known, he knows more than I do!
J's nephew used to live with him for a while 1 1/2 yrs ago and he used to get dirty magazines. He never changed the subscription address, so I just throw them in the recycle bin every month (there are 2 that come and I swear, I think he has a lifetime subscription cause they keep coming!) Anyway, we got one on Wed. J told me to not throw it away and said that he was going to have to have the talk with the oldest and use the pictures! I did not know what to say! Elle wanted to know if I really wanted him learning about the birds and the bees with a porn magazine! I told her I thought that, too, but honestly, I don't know how to explain it to him. ETW said she had a book, but it was geared more toward a younger boy (Ummm, hang on to that, I have an 11 year old, too ETW!) J wants to do this talk this weekend because we have them, but I don't know if that's the best method. Any last minute suggestions? I have until tomorrow night to come up with something other than that smut magazine!
11 comments:
I had a great time too. I was still full this morning! :-) As for books, you can look online and find some that are more geared to older kids - might even be able to find something at the local library...
Just have him google "dirty sanchez" and "rusty trombone". And tell him blowjobs are a myth ;). Taa daaa...you're done.
ETW: Will try online for some...
Elle: RRRRROOOOTTTTTTFFFFFFFF. Think he'll believe me? RRRRROOOTTTTFFFFFF
I'm so bitter at all of you! I am going to have to detour out to WV soon!
Yeah about the porno stuff - probably not how I would go but I never got the talk. What does J think he's going to tell the kid he doesn't already know? Hell, the kid probably knows more than you guys do!
LMAO at Blowjobs are a myth Elle - Wish someone had told Scott that!
UGH, don't know what to say to help you with that one. My boy is only 8 ... When Baby-Fab comes along then I can help ! Sounds like you girls had a blast !
I have no advice, but I think, like ETW, the library may be good - or even looking up something online that is a legit sex-ed type site...just for a little help in the conversation. I can't believe nothing tastes good to you - I eat everything in site! Glad Elle's cooking made Baby Fab happy.
Glad you girls had fun :)
lol at elle.
BTW if he is 14 he KNOWS a lot already so the approach should be more about appropriate behavior for his age and not really about the biology. He may push you away and get worse if you approach him in a accussing way.
Boys are very very sensitive to these things as they are more shame driven than women.
Good luck :)
Elle is too freaking funny! I am so glad that you guys had a blast! Like I told ETW, I was there in spirit! Glad Baby Fab enjoyed dinner too!
GAWD Momma is so jealous you 3 fun gurrls got together withOUT me! Sounds like a great evening!
All i can offer on the kid thing is this: Curiousity is natural and normal. I think kids need a level of privacy when it comes to this stuff. (Shark is 14 and seems to spend a lot time in his room...hmm.) I've talked to his shrink about it, and she says it's normal and to talk to him about the facts, and not get into his business about it otherwise.
Probably horseshit advice, but I tend to agree...
LOL I was just reading your blog entry from Friday and you were reading mine.
Small blogging community,,huh?
I would never presume to give advice on...well...anything but I certainly wish you luck on that one.
my son is 6 and hes finally discovered Google...
time to password the computer for me...
Post a Comment