Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Rough start to week 33

Yesterday was the start of my 33rd week. I go to the Dr every 2 weeks now. Her heart rate was 157 and she is very active. I've learned how to get the acid reflux under control (for the most part) and am doing much better with that. It seems that Baby Fab hates it when I lay on either side! I mean, she kicks up a fuss like nobody's business. She just seems to be comfortable when I am on my back and that is wayyy to uncomfortable for me. She kicked up such a fuss a few nights ago that I just gave in and suffered. When I woke up, I felt like I had just ran a marathon and my legs were weak. So, I can't give in to her again. Last night was much better and I was sound asleep when J came in at 7 when he woke me to rub on my belly and tell his baby good morning as he does every morning. It's so sweet; almost as if she knows it's daddy and she wants to say hi as well.

When my Dr came in, he seemed very quiet. We talked about the baby and how I was feeling and told me everything looks great and then just kinda sat there. I asked him if he was ok and he said he was very tired and then proceeded to ask me if I knew his brother, a urologist here in H'ton, had died last week. I was shocked. I told him I had not and was just so very sorry for him. He then told me what happened:
His brother was on his way back from vacation in Miami, FL on I-26 in South Carolina, with his wife and 5 kids, ages 10-18, when he had a massive heart attack and killed him instantly. While driving. His wife grabbed the wheel and steered them off the road and had to crash their vehicle into a small tree to get the vehicle stopped. Someone behind them pulled over and tried to administer CPR, but it was too late. The police and paramedics were called and did not arrive until 30 minutes later. As they pronounced him dead, it started pouring down the rain and the police would not let them move his body and he had to lay there until the coroner could arrive. Right there in front of his wife and children. It's not bad enough that he had to die in front of them, and then had to suffer the indignity of laying in the pouring rain. He told me that he was the best father and adored his family.

Tears ran down my cheek as I watched my sweet Dr., whom I love and adore, be so vulnerable while telling me this tragic story. It just broke my heart. I told him the last time I was there, 2 weeks ago, that when I choosing a new OB after my last ordeal, I had heard that he and his 2 brothers and father were wonderful doctors. His other brother is an orthopedic Dr and his father is also a urologist.

I feel so sorry for his wife and children. It's so funny how someone you have never met can break your heart in an instant and you haven't even met them.

R.I.P. Louis Molina, MD.

9 comments:

The Dish said...

Oh, Honey. I cried when i read that. So sad. And they should have moved his body!

Glad you and Baby Fab are doing well. Sorry she is already a pain in the neck. But sounds like she already has J wrapped around her finger! ;)

GiGi said...

Sad story, J-Fab. Hope your can get some good rest in the next few weeks! Funny what you said about your hubby patting your belly. When I was 9 months pregnant, at the end of the day, in bed, when my husband started talking - the baby would squirm like crazy! I truly believe One Baby knew it was his dad's voice. So excited for you!!!

So Single said...

That is really sad, and especially traumatic for the family.

Glad things are going well with Baby Fab! Not long to go now.

The Girl said...

My prayers will go out to his family immediately. That lack of respect for the deceased and his family feelings is disgraceful.

But I'm so happy Baby Fab is doing great - and how sweet is that husband of yours, not to mention he is very brave waking up a pregnant woman - I might be little scared to do that.

J Fab said...

I totally forgot to tell you guys that I get my 3D ultrasound next Thursday!

Yeah, Baby Fab totally knows her daddy's voice. It's so cute and she does have daddy wrapped!

Terribly tragic about my Dr's family. Thanks guys for all the sympathy....

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I've heard of those docs. That is so sad. I guess we never know when our time might be up... I feel for his family.

I'm glad the baby is doing well. Your blood circulates best on your left side, so try to stick to that - even if she's being a drama queen about it! LOL.

Efen said...

Oh man.......what a tragic story. I cannot even imagine....

So glad to hear B-Fab is doing well!!

Hope you rest better!

Heres a little tidbit you'll find funny...I went to the ballgame last night and took my 14 YO nephew. A car was changing lanes, I knew he didn't see me, so I honked. My nephew started laughing so hard I thought he was gonna cry... "Uncle Efen...that guy just flipped you off with double fingers....a double flip-off". Uh no...having a kid in my car gave me the restraint I needed ;)

Gator Foodie said...

oh, so sad. That is just heartbreaking. I'm so sorry for all the families. Glad to hear BFab is doing well - you are so lucky to have such a good doctor & J there for you!

Loni's World said...

:( sad story...

On a good note
:) Baby Fab is getting closer...
So excited for you.