Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I cry like baby right now.....

I've been thinking about a new haircut for a while, just didn't know what I wanted. The other night, I was channel surfing and saw this show called Defying Gravity and this girl with the cutest haircut. I thought, "Well, it's short, so I'll just think about it for a while." Everyday for a week I thought about the cut and decided to call this morning with an appt. She's busy and a good stylist and thought it would take a few days to get in (and, if I had the baby before the appt., it wasn't meant to be.) I was surprised when I was told to come in in an hour because she had a cancellation. Perfect. Keep in mind that I have only been to this woman once a couple of months ago and she gave me a haircut that I really liked. I used to go to Charleston to a girl for a few yrs and just got tired of driving an hour to get there, so I wanted someone closer. I asked around and was directed to Linda. When I got there, I noticed a new girl and it was looking like she was cutting my hair. I wasn't concerned at first and when we started talking, I found out that she just graduated a month ago. I was about to die and my heart started racing. I just thought that Linda would never hire someone who was not competent. I let her start and just thought to myself... "No chit chat with this girl... let her concentrate."

Here are the pictures that I presented to her:

Photobucket


Photobucket

And here is what I got:
Before:
Photobucket

And, after:
Photobucket



I cry like baby!!!! Ummmm, hello???? My 11 yr old could have done this! It is NOT what I expected. At. All. The left side of the cut looks fine... but the right side just looks too long and not right.

No need to cry I guess... it's hair and it will grow back, right? sniff sniff



6 comments:

So Single said...

It's cute! And will be nice and easy when the baby is born! But definitey not like the picture, so I understand what you're saying. It's a lot longer than the picture. In a couple weeks hair will be the last thing on your mind! And it really is a cute cut!

The Dish said...

I have to agree with Vinomom, Honey. It will definitely be easier and it is cute!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

It's not like the pic, but it is very cute on you. I got my hair cut when I was pregnant with Buddy and hated it. I've heard it's a hormonal thing...wanting to have a change and all. With my second pregnancy, I only went in for trims of the same style! LOL.

Efen said...

J-Fab, honey...c'mon...its not the hair that makes a girl hot (besides..I like it)...its her willingness to 'put out'..and, you've obviously accomplished that ;)

Lookin' good, Sweetie :)

Elle said...

It's adorable! And it's actually perfect for you right now. I promise you'll love it in a couple more days--and even if you don't, you know your crazy-assed pregnancy hormones will make it grow out in like a week, right? Have fun with it! I haven't seen you with short hair since the 90's perm incident. Hey! You should post a pic of THAT! :)

I heart you, mama :)

GiGi said...

I think it looks cute - and it will grow out soon enough, if you are still unhappy with it. :)