Friday, September 4, 2009

Baby Fab's new digs.....

Hey guys.... I wanted to first, say thank you for all of the help on her name (BTW..it's not Katherine! That was just an example.) I know hubby was very happy that you ALL agreed with him. LOL Second, for the kind words about my hair. Here's a update: I got up yesterday morn and still felt like it was gaped. I did not have time to go back to see her until around 2:30. When I went in, Linda (shop owner and the one who cut my hair last time) had a customer in her chair, but Candice Edward Scissorhands was there and luckily, did not have a customer. I asked her if I could speak to her in private outside. When we went out, I told her that I loved the idea of the short cut and I was just not some hormonal pregnant lady, but felt like the right side of my hair was gaped. I told her that I asked my neighbors and they agreed and I just wanted her to see. She was very sweet and started to examine my hair when she said in a soft voice.... "I'm so sorry... I did gap your hair. I can see it and I am sooo sorry. When you left yesterday, Linda told me some things that I could have done differently." I just about died right there. She knew when I left that she jacked up my hair. (It was really hard to see in the picture that I posted).

I said, "There is not a lot you can do now is there without going shorter, is there?" She replied, "No and I am so very sorry. Thank you so much for coming back and giving me the chance; I know you did not have to do that." I got into her chair and all she could do was take a little off the left side. It still was gaped. She kept apologizing and said that I never had to come back and she understood. She finally said that that was all she could do and she was going to Linda to see if she could do anything. Linda came over and she told her that she had gaped my hair yesterday and asked if there was anything more that they could do.

Linda: I think it looks adorable.
ES: No, I gaped it.
Me: Can you NOT see the gap?
Linda: Well, it's like the picture.
Me: NO! IT IS NOT!
At this point, I was infuriated. ES admitted her mistake and was very apologetic, the least she could do was agree cause that bitch knew damn good and well that ES jacked up my hair. I was ready to slit her neck with those scissors.

I told her that there was nothing that could be done without going shorter and that I guess for all my baby pictures that were getting ready to be taken, I would have to wear a headband. Her reply? "You'll be off work for a while and it will grow back out quick because of the pre-natal vitamins that you are taking." I WAS ABOUT READY TO LAY THAT BITCH OUT. I could see the look of shame on ES face, but she didn't say anything. I thanked them and left.
SO, instead of getting a haircut to take me away from the bob, which I have had for years... what did I end up with? A bob. snif snif. I wanted to turn around and tell Linda that I would not be back because of her attitude and not ES fucking incompetence as a hairdresser and she needs to keep a closer eye on her new girl so that this does not happen again and she looses more customers.... but.. I didn't cause then she would just say that I am just hormonal because I am 9 months pregnant. It was best to take the high road and just thank them and leave.

Sorry this is long... I wanted to post a couple of pics of Baby Fab's new digs...
This is her bed the ETW gave us and we are soooo in love with it! Big shout out to her for this sweet gift!

Photobucket
OMG... This is what Elle gave us..... I die!!!!! It is a Sterling silver train set and the cars are snow globes! The first two cars hold a little drawer for her first curl and tooth. The engine is a Teddy Bear that sits on a pillow and he holds a heart that will have her name engraved. LOVES IT! The chair had green cushions and I had it re-upholstered with material that matches the swag over her shelves.


Photobucket
Her shelves (notice the little tiny tow truck on the last shelf and her first doll, given by Elle, is on the left.
Photobucket
This picture makes me tear up EVERY SINGLE time I see it:
Photobucket
These words I found at Michael's and just repainted them...
Photobucket
The circles came from Michael's too, I painted them the colors in her bumper set. I have since added a few more dark red ones to give it a little more pop... it turned out really cute. They hang above her changing table.
Photobucket
I guess that I am as ready as I will ever be! We are on the 6 day countdown and I feel great. Today is my last day working in my office.... I will work from home Tues and Wed. I want to thank you ALL for all of the unconditional love and support that you have given me. All of the good advice (ummm... don't go anywhere.... I still need all of you!)
This was taken today. Have a great weekend, y'all!
Photobucket

8 comments:

The Dish said...

You look great, mama! And Baby Fab's dogs are tops!

I admire your restraint at the salon. I am not pregnant and still would have killed those bitches!

GiGi said...

You look fantastic, J-Fab! I loves the room, girl. Isn't decorating for a girl just SO much fun??? Can't wait for the big day! Take it easy, sweetie! :) {hug}

Elle said...

Mama, your hair is adorable! Don't fuck it up with a headband! (I guess we have to stop saying "fuck" all the time now. Shit!)

I cannot wait to get down there and see that room in person...it looks amazing! You did a great job :)

btw...is Leon pissed that you didn't let him gap you? ;)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Your hair looks great! I love the room. All we did was a fresh coat of paint for Sissy. LOL. You're a wonderful decorator!

The Girl said...

I love the hair, you are so beautiful. Her room looks huge ! You did a great job decorating it. Good job not murdering the hairdresser, I'm very proud of you. Thinking about you! Wishing you the best "labor" day ever !

J Fab said...

Thanks you guys!! Feeling better about my hair... just nothing I can do about it now, huh? I forfot to tell you that J did all the paint work!

Elle: ROTF at (I guess we have to stop saying "fuck" all the time now. Shit). Too stinking funny. Leon knows that I have not been able to drive to Charleston, but J is gonna ask him when he comes up to see Baby Fab if he can do anything else to it or just leave it to grow for a few weeks. You know he's gonna cop some bitch attitude though. He is a girl after all!

The Kitchen said...

YOu are so beautiful!!!!!!!

That pciture of the crib and rocking chair melts Momma's cold, dark heart!!!

You are going to be SUCH an awesome mom!!

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK TODAY !!! THINKING ABOUT YOU !!!