I know that having the job that I have, one would think that I am tough as nails. Well, today proved that I am not. Since June, I have had alot of trouble with my back. I can not remember hurting it specifically though. After my family reunion in June, I woke a couple of days later and could barely walk or move around without an enormous amount of pain. I called my Chiropractor and had a few adjustments and that did not help. I called my physician and she refered me for massage therapy. That helped some, though not a whole lot. Ice was a little relief, though not for long either. Finally, I spoke to my family physician again and she refered me for an MRI. While I was looking forward to finally finding out (if anything) what was up with my back being jacked up for months, I was terrified of that "tunnel." See ya'll, I am claustrophobic. Tanning beds even give me the willies and I have to stick my leg out a few times during the session.
Today was the day and I was scared as hell. Since my husband works all night, I did not get him up to go with me. The second I went inside the facility, I felt panic. After waiting what seemed like forever, a guy came out and took me back to a room to explain what was going to happen and gave me clothes to change. Panic was setting in even more. A few minutes later, a lady came out and took me back. Just looking at that contraption was scary. I told myself to put on my big girl panties--- suck it up and get through. Just like Yoda said.... "Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'" I had no idea how hard it was actually gonna be.
If anyone else reading this has had an MRI, you know what I mean. If you are not claustrophobic, this is not a problem. Clinically speaking, claustrophobic refers to "an abnormal tendency to feel terror in closed spaces." Let me just go ahead and tell you that this is a fucking understatement. I had no earthly idea how scared I would actually be inside that thing. It took the tech 3 times to finally get me fully inside the machine to begin. It felt like I was in a coffin and the walls were gonna close in on me at any second. The noise was loud and it sounded like it was going to explode. I laid there for 20 minutes crying my eyes out all while not moving a muscle for fear that I would have to start all over again. This was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do. No joke. There is a sinking, terrifying feeling to have a phobia. I don't care what you are scared of.... snakes, spiders, heights, sharks... whatever... it is a terrible feeling. Glad that whole nightmare is over and can finally get an answer on WTF is wrong with my back!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Geez J-Fab.....I feel really bad for what you went through...seriously..I do.
Now, If only I woulda known I would have gladly been your escort and held your hand the whole way through (Uh...If I coulda got my hand in that coffin thingy ;)
Glad its over and hope the news on your back (hehe...I said 'on your back' ;) is all good!
BTW....where the fuck is Elle??? I think she'd better get hold of 'Geek Squad' or sumthin....hmmm...come to think of it, she's probably dating a certified member of that illustrious group ;)
He he... "on my back" ROTF!!!!!
Thanks, Efen! It was a serious nightmare! I think it's just pulled muscles or somethin. I will feel better just knowin tho.
I texted Elle and she said she'd be back "Someday." WTF??? Let's aggravate her til she comes back!
First: mama, I'm so sorry! You shoulda called me! I had an MRI (the day before Frank dumped me! Remember that? Good times! Fuckin Frank.). Anyway, I'm not even claustrophobic and it still SUCKED. Hope you get it all worked out soon. In the meantime, do lots of drugs.
2nd: I said I'm working on it! Which means, I haven't done anything about it yet. I'm busy! Both you bitches have my number...just call! Not that I'd answer....
;)
FRRRANNNNNKKKKKKK. I think he drove by my office today! Fuckin Tanzanite jewelry. Be glad Mama or you'd be walking around sportin' one of those fuckin rings!
The medical question sheet-thingy asked me if "I had taken a sedative" and I answered "If I had one!"
And, Ummmmm.... you are hard to get hold of sometimes!
Hey, I bet if you ate an onion, your back thing wouldn't seem so bad.
You're welcome.
I'm with ya, girl - they're scary, they're loud, it's cold in there - it just sucks!!!
Geez..they have open MRI now. Did you tell your doc that your claustrophobic or did you not realize there was such a thing.
I am so sorry you went through thisl.
WTF....1st Elle runs off then you...wtf are you 2 doing???????
And..PLEASE get rid of that 'word fuckin verification' thingy...it really screws me up ;)
I know I have you on my feed reader, so I should be getting updates on my dashboard page and I've totally missed this. Going back to read....
Post a Comment