
My little niece, Priscilla. Prissy will be one on Dec. 15 and just had surgery on the back of her neck to repair her skull that was growing into her spine. She had that surgery about 3 weeks ago. She is doing well and is very spoiled to her mommy and my dad. I call him Mrs. Doubtfire b/c he has kept her since she was 6 weeks old when Mandy had to go back to work. She loves Sugarland and likes to dance to bluegrass music that my dad plays for her.

I guess you can tell from the title of today's blog that a few things went sour after we got home:
A) I fucking hate K-Mart more than Wal-Mart. To me, it's easier getting inside a K-Mart. They have great sales. But, for crying out loud, you can never find a sales clerk or what you are looking for. Lastly, and more importantly, THEY NEVER HAVE ENOUGH CASHIERS! Ever. Every time I think, "Well, I always get screwed and pissed off when I go here, but, I am in a hurry, so I'll try and it will be easy this time." Fuck that. It is never easy at this fucking Popsicle Stand of a store. I went Monday evening for Christmas Lights (See "B" for more on this) and decided to get a few little things. To start with, they did not have the lights that I wanted (red.) Ok fine.... I get up to the checkout and there are about 5 people in my line and 4-5 in the other one. Then, my line gets held up by some fucking old lady (see more in "C") who is insisting that the glass bulb ornaments (Who the fuck puts those on their tree anymore anyway? If you do and are reading this, sorry... I am just pissed that she held up the line for 15 minutes) are $5.00 and not the $6.99 they were ringing up for. I realize that she is on a fixed income, but for the love of all that is good and holy... I was about to just pay the extra money cause it took the dumbfuckstick employee 5 minutes to get someone up there (who, BTW, was ANOTHER old person) and another 5 for her to go back to the Christmas section (in the back of the fucking store, too) and another 5 minutes cause she looked at the wrong ones. Ffffuuuuuuucccckkkkk. If they had enough employees in the first fucking place, it would take less than a minute to find out that the fucking old fart was wrong.... they weren't the ones on sale in the first place. All I heard was "It's no wonder why I go to Wal-Mart" or "I have this problem every time I come here." So, I am done with fucking K-Mart. Now, some people will argue that their $ is worth more than their time. I, however, disagree. My time is priceless. I'd rather pay a few extra dollars and it be easier to accomplish the task.
B) My mother totally Scooby Doo'd me over a Christmas Tree. I told her a few months ago that I wanted to buy a "pencil" Christmas tree. This is a very skinny tree that takes up less space. She said "Oh, honey, you can borrow Granny's (my step-dad's mother) tree (she died last Feb). Great. I was on board and told her that I would get a new one when they go on sale after Christmas. She asked what I was doing with my old pre-lit tree. Nothing I told her, just gonna leave it in the basement or donate it to charity. It is too big. She asked to use it, so we swapped. J and the boys carried all the Christmas boxes up Monday evening and I settled in to decorate them after everyone left. Fuck me running. I opened the box and there were NO lights on that tree. So, this is what led me fucking K-Mart. She just snickered when I told her she Scooby Doo'd me over those trees. I finished my Christmas decorating last night and I was happy with the end result.
C) Fucking old people. Did I not just a month ago complain over the # of old people in the little town where my office is located? I order lunch at the Legion today at 11:30 and told her that I was leaving my office. The phone rang and it was a client that I had not talked to in a while and she wanted to chit-chat about useless shit that I did not have time to listen to or give a rat's ass about, but, I had to listen and be cordial. I leave about 20 minutes later and think, "My lunch is gonna be cold." Nothing makes me more mad than to eat a cold lunch or dinner. I'd rather not eat. I park in front and notice that the lot was full of cars; alot more than usual. I get out of the SUV and get behind about 3 old ladies waiting to be buzzed inside. There is a path to the kitchen and low and behold all 3 of them were going that direction. Not being rude, I patiently followed them toward the kitchen and waited patiently while they stopped every 2 feet to try and figure out which was to go or ask one another some useless question. Every time I saw a small window to get around them, one would move in front of me again. Ffffffuuuuuucccckkkkkkk. Move or get out of the way. I followed them to the kitchen and they went past the kitchen into a hall where there were at least 179 old people in there. I thought, you couldn't pay me enough fucking money to go in there and wait on them. Old lady cook just laughed when I told her what took me so long. Lunch was cold, too. Yuuuccckkk.
It's 3:00, so hopefully, time will go by fast and I can call it a day and be one more day closer to the weekend. Tonight should be quiet and I plan to catch up on all my blogs.
6 comments:
Ok, what's so great about this, and what you guys don't know, is that this is exactly how she tells a story in real life...except with way more fucks, motherfucks, fucksticks, and son of a bitches....you can't imagine how hard we laugh when we're together and shit like this happens!
And Mama...I told you not to go back there for lunch after the big onion fiasco!!!
ROTF!!!!!! I know! Dang, mama... you know me like the back of your hand huh?
Sorry about the lunch thing. That's frustrating.
I love the baby girls. When I was pregnant with Sissy, Buddy suggested we name her "Jenna", but I had a friend who had recently given birth and named her baby that, so I can't poach a name, you know? Then, he suggested "Rachel", but I know lots of those too.... We went with a name that hasn't been popular since the 1800s. LOL
I'm not digging K-Mart or Wal-Mart this time of year. Go to Home Depot for all X-mas lights and decs. We never have lines in there. And God will probably strike me down for saying this but old people make me crazy.......Hope today is better ;)
Sheesh....I could barely make my way through that post! Soooooooo many "f" words....
A good 'ol 'dangit' or two would have sufficed.
But....lmao @ 'fuckin old people'
ETW-I love the name Rachel. It's so girly.
Momma--I try to be patient with older people cause I have older relatives and I wouldn't want someone to be mean to them, but there are days where they just wear me out! Home Depot it is from now on!
Efen---I kkkkknnnnnnoooooowwwww that I must have read your comment wrong b/c I kkkknnnnooooowwww YOU did not have the nerve to call me out on my "F" words.....Ummm....kettle....black..... just sayin' :)
Post a Comment