Last night, the power flickered a few times and finally went off for about 10 minutes. When it first went off, we heard a bunch of sirens and we figured it must have been an accident. J fumbled around for a few seconds in the dark wondering where a flashlight was located since all of them usually end up outside somewhere because the kids play spotlight and leave them on the porch. Sure enough, he went outside and found one in the mailbox and noticed the whole block was off. I sat on the couch with Baby Fab and wondered something more. We are not ready in case something drastic happened. Nothing stock piled. No water. No food. No blankets. Notta and it scared the holy hell out of me.
I can take anything that happens to J and me, but my heart breaks when I think of something happening since Baby Fab came along. I mean, you never know what could happen and I AM NOT READY!!!!!!!!
So, my mission this week is to have food, water, batteries, flashlights (that the kids don't know about), blankets, and food for the baby put away. That 10 minutes in the dark shook me into reality. Can y'all think of anything else I can put away?
Do you have your stash????
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I grew up Mormon and Mormons are big into emergency preparedness. My parents had bottles and bottles of water stored up in the garage for years.
I, of course, have nothing.
Having a newborn really brings up so many things we've never thought about before. If you lost heat for a long time during the winter, you'd need a fireplace or a kerosene heater or a back up generator, so that's something to think about, too. We have a fireplace and lots of blankets, so we'd be okay for a while.
Well, I'm a Disaster Recovery planner so you know I keep a stock of emergency supplies and a DR emergency bag. This is what I have for an emergency.
http://www.survival-supply.com/disaster-survival-back-pack-p-1876.html
I have nothing prepared. That is what I have The Husband for! I can understand this shaking you up, though. Get that stuff together to ease your mind. Love ya, Honey!
Since we've been thru a couple hurricanes, we tend to have plenty of stuff on hand. Except D Batteries...I am always out of those, b/c the kids toys take them all up. I sometimes just remove them from the toys when I need 'em....I'm mean like that.
my power went out 5 times this weekend.
it never stayed off long, but do you know what a pain it is to run around the house every 6 hours resetting all the clocks from blinking 12:00
I don't have a stash - holy crap, I should !!!!! Although, I could walk down the street to the mother-in-law's house, her basement looks like a fully stocked bomb shelter for a family of 20.
Yeah I have nothing either and we live in earthqauke central lol
I guess I should think about stashing some emerg. stuff huh?
Good luck!
You're a smart girl!
We always have stuff on hand because Mr Wonderful is a Hurricane Freak - which is good.
Post a Comment