Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My heart is heavy today.

I have a heavy heart this morning. First, I just found out about Efen's dad. This breaks my heart and I'm sending out warm thoughts his way. {{{HUGS}}}}

I've been wanting to let you all know about a friend of mine for a while now, but just been busy and haven't been able to post about her. I'm taking the time today.

I go by this little gas station everyday to and from work. This is the place where I get my gas (and B Daddy's when I drive his car). I never go inside (B Daddy does all the time) as I pay with my debit card outside. However, when I found out that I was pregnant with Baby Fab, I was having trouble finding something to drink that did not make me sick, so I went inside every morning sampling what seemed like everything in the store, until I was happy with Apple juice. I became friends with a very sweet girl, Dena, when she wondered after the third morning why I was buying different drinks. I told her I was pregnant and was looking for something good to drink. So, we became friends. After about 6 weeks, she told me she was pregnant. It wasn't her first child, she had three others and this one was a surprise. She was happy anyway. So, as I was just getting over my sickness, hers was starting. I still stopped in from time to time to see her and she was doing great. We would see each other at the baseball field this summer as that's where our kids played baseball.

I had not been in the gas station in a while when over the Thanksgiving holiday, B Daddy and I stopped to get gas there. He went inside and I sat in the car. When he came out, I asked him if Dena was in there and how she was doing and he said "Didn't you hear?" I said "No, what do you mean?" and that's when he told me. He had not seen her in there in a long time and asked a few weeks ago if she had quit. They told him that she is in a coma. She has a very, very rare heart condition and something happened and it sent her into a coma before her baby was born. They ended up taking the baby 6 weeks early and she is healthy. With tears rolling down my cheeks, I went inside to see if I could find out anything more. They told me that her husband had to take a class to be able to take care of their baby and that she was not in the hospital and being taken care of at home now and they don't think that she will come out of the coma.

This has laid heavy on my heart since I found out. It's just so sad. I'm not sure how old she is, but I know that she is younger than me (I'm 41) and it's tragic. She has 4 kids... one being an infant around Baby Fab's age (3 months) and that baby girl will not get to know her mother. It breaks my heart all around, but, since I have had Baby Fab... girls.... I'm telling you... I am so tender hearted now. Tears fill my eyes each time that I drive by that damn gas station. If I could take another route to work, I would.

I can't imagine not seeing my baby girl grow up and it breaks my heart to think about something happening to me and she is left without her mommy. I know this is kinda morbid to think about, but I can't help it.

I'm determined to go and see her if her family will let me. I just want to tell her that I pray everyday that she wakes up to hold her children again and she returns to her family. I'm asking all my blogger friends to pray for this sweet, young girl and that she makes a full recovery.

6 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Having a baby changes your world, that's for sure. There but for the grace of God, go I...

The Dish said...

Oh, J Fab. She will be in thoughts. What a tragic story.

Anonymous said...

That is just awful...I don't know what else to say. God Bless their family. I hope you do get to visit her.

J Fab said...

Thanks girls.... I found out where she lives and I am going there this evening. I'll let you know.

Gator Foodie said...

wow. Definitely will keep her & her family in our prayers.

GiGi said...

how sad. she is in my prayers.